Coming soon!

PIE > CAKE!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beethoven: Für Elise re-up

I was not happy with the original version of this video.  The sound was not properly synced with the visuals.  At first I thought that this was a result of the software used to generate the visuals from the midi file, but upon extensive investigation I have found that for some reason there is a sync issue.  I generate the audio directly from the midi, so they should match.  However using miditrail, MAM player, and some others all yield the same result.  The visuals go a bit out of sync and then catch up whenever there is a tempo change.  This has never happened to me before while making a visualization.  I have no idea what the cause is.  In any case I decided to prevent the problem entirely by using the zgame editor visualizer which uses (in this case) only the audio to generate the visuals.  I may have gotten carried away but what the heck it was fun.

It just so happens that the ZGEV has a stereographic output, so if possible I will upload a 3d version of this video as well.  I have no idea if it will look any good.  However I am a fan of 3d so I feel compelled to take advantage of this feature (if I can figure out how to get it to work.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment